Local roads have ice forming on them with a light dusting of snow. Asheville Streets Division is out treating icy roads as needed with straight rock salt at this time. Please be careful if you venture out.
Currently, Duke Energy is reporting approximately 375 structure affected by power outages in the Asheville area.
The Asheville Fire Department is responding to a higher than normal call volume for trees and power lines down.
Sunday: Several ART bus routes have been closed or detoured:
- W5 will not be running today due to icy conditions and the temperature will not go above freezing.
- W1 will not service Deaverview Apt. on Deaverview Rd. and Canterbury. This route will turn left on Deaverview Rd. from Bearcreek Rd.
- E2 will not service Bell Rd. E2 will use Bethesda Rd. in Haw Creek.
- N1 will not service Lakeshore Dr. This route will turn around at Ingles on Merrimon Ave.
- N2 will not service Beaverdam Rd. This route will turn around at Ingles on Merrimon Ave.
UPDATED: Monday, No delays. Buses will operation on Holiday Schedule.
Updated ART Service Alerts can be found here.