Asheville City Manager Gary Jackson
We will update this story soon, following this March 20 development:
On March 15, City Manager Gary Jackson announced these changes to management assignments:
- Equity and Inclusion Office: Based on the Council’s Blue Ribbon Task Force recommendation, this new office will be created and report directly to the City Manager.
- Interim Assistant City Manager: HR Director Peggy Rowe will serve in this capacity. Departments reporting to Ms. Rowe will include HR, IT, General Services, Internal Audit and the Office of Sustainability.
- Interim Human Resources Director: Assistant HR Director Jaime Joyner will serve in this capacity.
- Capital Projects Director: Jade Dundas will resume full responsibility for the capital projects management and bond program transparency.
- Assistant City Manager: Cathy Ball will continue in this role, supervising directors of Public Works, Capital Projects, Water Resources, Transportation, Planning, Economic and Community Development, Development Services and Parks & Recreation.
- City Manager: Departments reporting to the City Manager will now include Police, Fire, Finance, Communication and Public Engagement, as well as the new Office of Equity and Inclusion.
Here is a copy of the City organizational chart: