The Asheville Fire Department is experiencing an increase in call volume, due to heavy rain conditions.
The following road are closed:
- Amboy Road – Mud slide/tree down in road
- Skyview Place – Mud slide
- Azalea Road East is closed from Tunnel Road to the fish pond – Flooding
- Cambridge Road – Utility issues
- Springdale and Richard – Large tree
Road now reopened:
- Biltmore Village (London, Fairview Road) – Flooding
Asheville Public Works staff is out monitoring streets and stream levels, closing roads as necessary.
Also the National Weather Service in Greenville-Spartanburg has issued a Flood Warning for Buncombe County through 8:45 p.m. today.
According to the National Weather Service, the following streams and tributaries are experiencing rapid rises and scattered minor flooding is likely: French Broad River and Swannanoa River.
The City will share more information as it becomes available.