ART bus service suspended on Dec. 25,
to operate on holiday schedule Jan. 1
Asheville City government offices will be closed Dec. 23, 26 and 27 and Jan. 2 in observance of the winter holiday break and New Year’s Day. The following is a roundup of services affected by holiday closures.
ART transit service
City bus service will be suspended starting at 6:30 p.m. Dec. 24 and throughout Dec. 25 in observance of the holiday. Dec. 25 is one of two holidays during which the City of Asheville’s ART system closes. ART will operate on its holiday schedule Jan. 1 (see holiday schedule below).
For more information about all Asheville Redefines Transit (ART) routes, call 828-253-5691, e-mail email@example.com or visit RidetheART.com.
Trash and recycling
Garbage and recycling collection will not be affected. Collections will run as normal on Dec. 26-27 and Jan. 2. Questions about garbage collection can be directed to the City of Asheville at 828-251-1122. Questions about recycling collection can be answered by Curbside Management at 828-252-2532.
U.S. Cellular Center
The U.S. Cellular Center box office will be closed Dec. 21-27, reopening at 10 a.m. Dec. 28. The box office will also be closed Jan. 2. Tickets to upcoming events can be purchased at http://www.uscellularcenterasheville.com or by phone at 1-800-745-3000.
The U.S. Cellular Center does have two concerts scheduled on New Year’s Eve: Asheville Symphony in Thomas Wolfe Auditorium and Griz in the ExploreAsheville.com Arena.
Parks & Recreation
All City parks remain open for regular hours, including the skatepark. Hours for recreation centers will vary by facility:
- Asheville Municipal Golf Course will be closed Dec. 25 only.
- Aston Park Tennis Center is closed for the season.
- Burton Street Center will be closed Dec. 21-Jan. 2.
- Grant Southside Center will be open 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dec. 21-22 and Dec. 28-30, closed Dec. 23-27 and Dec. 31-Jan. 2.
- Harvest House and Senior Opportunity House will be closed Dec. 23-27 and Dec. 31-Jan. 2, otherwise open regular hours.
- Montford and Stephens-Lee Recreation Centers will hold holiday camps Dec. 21-24 and Dec. 27-30. These facilities will be closed Dec. 24-26. Montford Recreation Center will be open from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dec. 31 and then closed Jan. 1. Stephens-Lee Recreation Center will be closed Dec. 31-Jan. 1.
- Riverside Cemetery gates will be open every day at their normal hours. The offices will be closed Dec. 23 and 26-27 as well as Jan. 2.
- Shiloh Center will be open 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Dec. 28-29 and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Dec. 30, closed Dec. 23-27 and Dec. 31-Jan. 2.
- WNC Nature Center will be closed Dec. 24-25 and Jan. 1. Otherwise it will be open regular hours.
All public safety services, including police, fire and emergency response, will operate to normal schedule – 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Water Resources staff will be available for water related emergencies 24 hours a day over the holiday weekend. Customers can call the customer service line at 828-251-1122 to report water related emergencies, leaks, breaks and no water calls.