The City of Asheville’s Office of Economic Development hosts the City Manager’s Development Forum twice a year, in May and November. The next forum is scheduled for 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 18 at the U.S. Cellular Center Banquet Hall.
The Forum — which is free and open to the public — provides members of the development community, design professionals, contractors, real estate community and citizens an opportunity to learn about current development trends, regulatory updates, and management initiatives within the City of Asheville.
Forum attendees will hear the latest on the Asheville area’s current economic indicators and the financial and economic challenges facing the City. The agenda includes:
- Welcome message by City Manager Gary Jackson
- Development trends update, including:
– Demographics by Community and Economic Development Director Sam Powers
– Building permits activity and project highlights by Development Services Director Jason Nortx
– Comprehensive Plan Update by Planning Director Todd Okolichany
- General Obligation Bonds update
- Regulatory update from Assistant Planning Director Alan Glines on Planning & Zoning amendments
- Management initiatives: Non-Revenue Water Program by Water Resources Director Jade Dundas
- Q&A and closing remarks by Gary Jackson
The forum is open to all interested members of the public. A light lunch will be served. There is no cost to attend the Fall 2015 Development Forum. For more information, call 828-232-4505.